Sample code or diagnostics for Matrox QG-640?
l***@yahoo.com
2007-05-03 02:18:04 UTC

Does anyone have any sample code or diagnostics programs for the
Matrox QG-640 video card? It is an older (mid 1980's) QBUS video
display card sometimes called the QC-640, QG-640/F, QG-640/EMC, etc.
I have access to the card but no way to get it to produce any video
output. I have searched all the computer archives I could find
(bitsavers, etc) but no luck finding anything.

I would like to test the card to find out if it works or not. Really
any application or utility which can make the card produce video would
work fine. Even documentation I could use to adapt or write my own
program would be greatly appreciated.

If you have something which I could use, please reply to this post or
send a message to me directly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew Lynch
Al Kossow
2007-05-03 18:22:50 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
Hi,
I have searched all the computer archives I could find
(bitsavers, etc) but no luck finding anything.
The QG-640 users manual is now on line under:
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/matrox
l***@yahoo.com
2007-05-03 20:07:32 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
Hi,
I have searched all the computer archives I could find
(bitsavers, etc) but no luck finding anything.
The QG-640 users manual is now on line under:http://bitsavers.org/pdf/matrox
Thanks Al (again). You are a scholar and a gentleman.

The user manual is exactly what I was looking for along with the code
samples from the DECUS RT-11 SIG. I appreciate your time in the
search and posting of the QG-640 user manual.

Thanks again!

Andrew Lynch