Need VT320 Terminal settings to hook up a MicroVax 3100-40
stewart allen
2005-09-14 02:43:59 UTC
Hi All,
I received a MicroVAX 3100-40 (BA42B), a VT320 terminal, lk201 keyboard and
a MMJ cable. (I am relatively new to this but asked some preliminary
questions). Now I need to know what should the settings be on the terminal.
Also some common commands (assuming the thing starts up) since I will be
trying to find out: installed OS, hard drive size, Memory, etc.

Thanks in advance
Stewart Allen
--
http://QLiner.com

The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.
James T. Sprinkle

glen herrmannsfeldt
2005-09-21 22:11:33 UTC
Post by James T. Sprinkle
Repost to either comp.os.vms or comp.sys.dec. You will have better luck
there...
Probably, but anyway...
Post by James T. Sprinkle
Post by stewart allen
I received a MicroVAX 3100-40 (BA42B), a VT320 terminal, lk201
keyboar and a MMJ cable. (I am relatively new to this but
asked some preliminary questions). Now I need to know
what should the settings be on the terminal.
For a console terminal I believe it is 9600 baud. If it is
like the 3100-30 that I have, it is the connector on the left,
as viewed from the back, not the one next to the switch as you
would expect.

I presume you are using this for hobbyist purposes.

You can easily run NetBSD on it. If you want VMS then
join the hobbyist program, the CD costs, I believe, $30 and
it reasonably easy to install. MicroVAX require a 512 byte
block CDROM drive. Another possibility is to copy the whole
CD over to a SCSI hard drive block by block, and boot that.
It might be faster, too.

-- glen