pdp11/05 complete system available; John Wisniewski.
patrick jankowiak
2004-06-06 21:18:25 UTC
If you ever wanted to own a pdp11/05, the first pdp11, here's your chance to own TWO of them..

50% of the proceeds go to the trust fund for John Wisniewski's children. (see link on the page if you don't know)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5100505571
Renaissance
2004-06-06 22:27:22 UTC
Post by patrick jankowiak
If you ever wanted to own a pdp11/05, the first pdp11,
uhm... the first?
http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/pdp-11/table.html

bye G.L.
--
« E' assolutamente evidente che l'arte del cinema
si ispira alla vita, mentre la vita si ispira alla TV »
(Woody Allen)
patrick jankowiak
2004-06-07 00:07:02 UTC
I did refer to that page, but found the page ambiguous because note #3 on the same page seems to indicate this unless read very carefully:

The 11/20 docs referred to a stripped down model, the 11/10, which became the OEM version of the 11/05.
So therefore, the 11/05 begat the 11/10(oem), which was mentioned later in the 11/20 documents.

Or it can be taken that way. The written mention in the 11/20 document, and then the actual numbering of, 'pdp11/10', being applied to two different machines, has caused confusion.

Since I am not a computer history expert, I have gone to the source (Gordon Bell) and found there presented evidence that your correction of my statement is with merit, and so I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Indeed, the note #3 on the psych page is somewhat misleading. I'll go edit some evilbay text now, so that all will be well.

bye P J
(Woody Allen)
Paul Repacholi
2004-06-07 10:22:33 UTC
#3 on the same page seems to indicate this unless read very
The 11/20 docs referred to a stripped down model, the 11/10, which
became the OEM version of the 11/05. So therefore, the 11/05 begat
the 11/10(oem), which was mentioned later in the 11/20 documents.
That is a KA-11, NOT the KD-11 based second 11/10! That is the only
11 that as far as I know, used a re-tread model designater.
Post by patrick jankowiak
Or it can be taken that way. The written mention in the 11/20
document, and then the actual numbering of, 'pdp11/10', being
applied to two different machines, has caused confusion.
Yep. The original 11/10 used a KA-11 in a half length BA-11. The other
members of thr originals was the 11/15 with a KC-11 CPU, and the 11R20
that was a rugidized version of the 11/20.
--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.
Renaissance
2004-06-07 17:03:38 UTC
Post by patrick jankowiak
Since I am not a computer history expert
Oh, it's only a small note. :-) I'm not a retrocomputing expert,
too. However i have a little passion for computer history.

Bye,
G.L.
(Woody Allen)
Norman Lastovica
2004-06-07 16:21:41 UTC
The 11/20 was the first PDP 11 model produced. In
school, I used serial number 166 (ie, the 66th PDP11
off the line).
Post by Renaissance
Post by patrick jankowiak
If you ever wanted to own a pdp11/05, the first pdp11,
uhm... the first?
http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/pdp-11/table.html
bye G.L.
--
« E' assolutamente evidente che l'arte del cinema
si ispira alla vita, mentre la vita si ispira alla TV »
(Woody Allen)
--
- - - - -
opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone

norman lastovica / oracle rdb engineering
Renaissance
2004-06-08 19:47:22 UTC
Post by Norman Lastovica
The 11/20 was the first PDP 11 model produced. In
school, I used serial number 166 (ie, the 66th PDP11
off the line).
I'm young... i used a 11/23 rsx11m+, '83-'86. :-)

bye G.L.
(Woody Allen)
K. Marden
2004-11-19 20:43:00 UTC
NO reserve.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=kurtm2

remove the NO SPAM from that email address to reply.