DEC manuals online
b***@carelife.com
2007-12-14 02:32:46 UTC
As I recycle some of my old DEC hardware and software manuals...I
decided to scan some of them into PDFs and place them online. If they
are useful to even a handful of people who inherit some of this
equipment...then it was worthwhile. Since the printing is not the
greatest quality and there are lots of drawings, I scanned them to
images (making them not indexable for search engines).

Point your browser to: http://www.carelife.com/manuals/

At this time, there are some Ultrix, DECstation 5000 and 5000-240
manuals out there. Some of the manuals, such as the BA42 Expansion Box
manual, have drawings of RZ5x, RX23 and other hardware installations.
As for the software manuals...more will follow.
Bill Gunshannon
2007-12-14 12:41:26 UTC
Post by b***@carelife.com
As I recycle some of my old DEC hardware and software manuals...I
decided to scan some of them into PDFs and place them online. If they
are useful to even a handful of people who inherit some of this
equipment...then it was worthwhile. Since the printing is not the
greatest quality and there are lots of drawings, I scanned them to
images (making them not indexable for search engines).
Point your browser to: http://www.carelife.com/manuals/
At this time, there are some Ultrix, DECstation 5000 and 5000-240
manuals out there. Some of the manuals, such as the BA42 Expansion Box
manual, have drawings of RZ5x, RX23 and other hardware installations.
As for the software manuals...more will follow.
You might consider sending them to Al Kossow for inclusion on bitsavers
as well.

bill
***@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include <std.disclaimer.h>