DEC Pro 350 with HD problem?
Hkz
2007-10-14 21:29:08 UTC
i just recovered a DEC Professional 350.
The system doesn't boot, at the beginning i got an error code on
the diagnostic leds telling me the machine got problems with
ram board #1, so i took out the board and placed the one that was
in slot #2 in the #1 slot.

Now the machine turns off all the red leds for around 15/20 seconds, and
then lights up the first (failure for card in slot #1... my mfm
controller). The disk (ST-412) keeps the activity led on.

Could a disk failure be the cause of these symptoms?
I get absolutely nothing on screen, is it normal without os loaded?

Thanks,
Hkz

PS
Sorry for my english, i'm italian :)
--
"La profonda attrazione esercitata da (...) sentirsi parte di una
potente Elite tecnologica non dovrebbe mai essere sottovalutata."
Retro DECnet -> 1126::HKZ
Hkz
2007-10-15 07:00:19 UTC
Il Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:29:08 +0000, Hkz ha scritto:

Sh*t.
This morning i decided to try the machine without the mfm hd and the
controller... and when i tried to power on nothing happened:
no power to the main board (green led off) and no power to the floppy.
The main fuse is still ok, any ideas?
I double checked the connections, probably something in the psu just died
because of age. Anyone got the pinout for the psu output? i read somewhere
that it spit out 5v, if that is right i could try to use a new pc power
supply.