Digital RRD42-DA SCSI CDROM drive question
stewart allen
2005-05-26 04:18:24 UTC
i acquired a Digital RRD42-DA SCSI CDROM drive. which of the following
operating i can load with it?
Windows, VMS, Alpha, Digital UNIX, HP-UX. Reason for asking is I was told it
was used on Alpha system, but I cannot imagine why it cannot be used on
Windows.

regards
--
http://QLiner.com

The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.
David J Dachtera
2005-05-27 02:22:35 UTC
Post by stewart allen
i acquired a Digital RRD42-DA SCSI CDROM drive. which of the following
operating i can load with it?
Windows, VMS, Alpha, Digital UNIX, HP-UX. Reason for asking is I was told it
was used on Alpha system, but I cannot imagine why it cannot be used on
Windows.
By the way, if you "cross post" (send one message to multiple
newsgroups), answers from one group appear in all the others to which
the message was sent.

If you send one message to each target group, you get what we see here
(the replies from comp.org.decus and comp.sys.dec do not appear here).

comp.os.vms is much more active, but gets a bit wild sometimes since
we're all scratching just to survive in today's VMS world...
--
David J Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

Coming soon:
Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
andy thomas
2005-06-02 15:51:47 UTC
Post by stewart allen
i acquired a Digital RRD42-DA SCSI CDROM drive. which of the following
operating i can load with it?
Windows, VMS, Alpha, Digital UNIX, HP-UX. Reason for asking is I was told it
was used on Alpha system, but I cannot imagine why it cannot be used on
Windows.
Yes, you can use this on a Windows system if you want to, provided it has
a SCSI controller.

Andy
glen herrmannsfeldt
2005-08-25 06:31:38 UTC
Post by stewart allen
i acquired a Digital RRD42-DA SCSI CDROM drive. which of the following
operating i can load with it?
Windows, VMS, Alpha, Digital UNIX, HP-UX. Reason for asking is I was told it
was used on Alpha system, but I cannot imagine why it cannot be used on
As far as I know, some systems require 512 byte block CDROM drives, but
the usual DOS/Windows CDROM uses 2K byte blocks.

Some drives have a switch, and it might be that Windows can do 512
bytes, anyway.

-- glen
unknown