four VT100 terminals free
Lee K. Gleason
2007-11-20 00:22:32 UTC
I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few
additional extra keyboards as well. Free to whoever wants to pick 'em up in
Houston Texas, near TC Jester & the North Loop. First come, first served....
--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
***@comcast.net
j***@hal-pc.org
2007-11-20 15:30:07 UTC
Post by Lee K. Gleason
I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few
Lee,
My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of
RLO2 platters that I need to convert to images so I can play with them
on SIMH or something like that before giving away my herd of 11's. I
was wondering if you had a rig that would read and RL02 and could turn
it into an image? I have a bunch of 04's, 34's a 23 and a 44, (some
of them boot!) but so far I have not been able to get enogh things to
talk to each other at the same time to do the job. I found a program
that would run from linux, (can't remember the name) but it would
transfer boot code to the 11 through a serial port to the console
connector and then you could mount a volume and transmit across the
console serial line and save it as an image. I got it running on a 34
but that 34 did not have a RL02, so I hooked it to the console of the
44 and found out the 44 uses different addresses/boot card:-( Then I
moved and now nothing works.

Also, I live up the road in Spring. If you can help me I can give you
all my 11 stuff in trade, or sell it on e-bay and give you the
proceedes or better yet my wife make the best pie crust anybod has
ever tasted. Hopefully we can work something out. Maybe we could
start a Houston DEC users group. If there is one already in town I
would love to know about it.

John
Lee K. Gleason
2007-11-20 16:13:01 UTC
Post by j***@hal-pc.org
Post by Lee K. Gleason
I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
everything anymore). I have four VT100s, in pretty good shape, and a few
Lee,
My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of
RLO2 platters that I need to convert to images so I can play with them
on SIMH or something like that before giving away my herd of 11's. I
was wondering if you had a rig that would read and RL02 and could turn
it into an image?
Ah, sorry, nope, don't have any RL02 drives.
Post by j***@hal-pc.org
Also, I live up the road in Spring. If you can help me I can give you
all my 11 stuff in trade,
Heck, I'm trying to get some space back....talk like that is like offering
a recovering alcoholinc a drink!
Post by j***@hal-pc.org
or sell it on e-bay and give you the
proceedes or better yet my wife make the best pie crust anybod has
ever tasted. Hopefully we can work something out. Maybe we could
start a Houston DEC users group. If there is one already in town I
would love to know about it.
Haven't run into that many collectors here in old Houston town. If I meet
anyone with functioning RL02's I'll let you know.
--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
***@comcast.net
j***@hal-pc.org
2007-11-21 13:37:10 UTC
Post by Lee K. Gleason
Post by j***@hal-pc.org
Post by Lee K. Gleason
I'm narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room for
My wife would like for me to do the same. I have several boxes of
Ah, sorry, nope, don't have any RL02 drives.
[..]
Heck, I'm trying to get some space back....talk like that is like offering
a recovering alcoholinc a drink!
I have an extra RL02. I could bring it by some evening and we could
see if we could hook it up. What kind of beer do you drink? (Or if
you prefer I will gladly spring for wine or whiskey)